About Shade’s Landing Inc.
Shade’s Landing Inc. is a family run corporation specializing in personal protection and concealed carry firearms training. Shade’s Landing Inc. is CO-owned by Gary and Susan Shade. Incorporated in 1995, we have served over 13,000 students.
President and CEO
Training Coordinator/Instructor (NRA, MCPPA, Minnesota DNR)
Mr. Shade is currently the President and CEO of Shade’s Landing Inc., a company he co-founded with his wife in 1995. He has also authored five books on computers and technology and numerous industry articles.
- AAS ET,(William Rainey Harper College)
- BSM and MSM Cardinal Stritch University
- Military: USAF
- NRA Certifications:
- NRA Certified Training Counselor
- NRA Certified Pistol and Personal Protection Instructor, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
- NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
- NRA Certified Refuse to be a Victim instructor
- NRA Certified Whitetail Deer Seminar Instructor
- State Certifications/Recognitions
- Ordained Minister – Registered in Minnesota
- Recognized by Minnesota DPS as an authorized Instructor Certification Organization and Instructor
- Certified Minnesota DNR Firearms Safety
- Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources Certified Instructor
- Former Utah BCI as an authorized Instructor (2003 – 2014)
- Former North Dakota Firearm Test Administrator
- Federal Firearm Licensee: Collectors FFL
- Carry Permits:
- Featured profile in May/June 2004 issue of Concealed Carry Magazine
- President and Co-Owner of Shade’s Landing Inc. (since 1995)
- Over 30 years of teaching in various positions in post secondary education and industry
- Currently serves on the Dakota County Assessment and Equalization committee and a former member of the Garden View Drive Ad Hoc Committee and the Dakota County Ground Water Task Force.
- Civil Rights Advocate
- Amateur Radio Operator KC0LFP and Certified Skywarn Severe Weather Observer
- Author of five published books on Computers and Technology
- Former Adjunct Faculty: Business Management
- Minnesota School of Business – Shakopee campus (3 years);
- William Rainey Harper College, Palatine Il. EET Adjunct Instructor
- Avid hunter, and fisherman
Vice-president and CFO.
Susan holds a degree in graphics and interior design and is also responsible for accounts receivable and payable for our company. Susan also approves any capital expenditures and corporate contracts necessary in the course of the company’s business.
Firearm Instructor (Minnesota MCPPA & Minnesota DNR)
Co-Owner of Tactical Firepower Inc.
Jason is in charge of our Advanced Tactical Handgun Training and Minnesota/Multi-State carry classes in Isle, Grasston, Pine City and Cambridge.
Jason earned a degree as a Gunsmith, and is a Certified Firearms Engraver and a certified Glock Armorer. He is also certified by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources as a Hunter Safety Firearms Instructor. He plays an integral part of company and is responsible for seeking out and recommending new product lines for us to carry.
Jason has been on the web since he was 12 with his site: Jason’s Snakes and Reptiles (voted a Top 1001 web site by PC Magazine 1996). He has since sold the web site to another herpetological devotee though he still owns several snakes. He now operates the Tactical Fire Power Inc. web site and his newest: GrowPepperSeeds.com. Stoney Wolf Productions of Chaska is now carrying Jason’s 3-DVD set: Tactical Firepower Handgun System– a training system for new through advanced shooters. His DVD series is also available through Cabelas as Handgun Training System.
- Co-Owner Tactical Firepower Inc.
- Director of Security
- Shade’s Landing Inc.
- Gunsmith – Pine Technical College (Degree 2007)
- Emphasis in custom gun making
- Certified Glock Armorer
- Certified Minnesota Firearms Safety
- Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources Certified Instructor
- Recognized by Minnesota DPS as an authorized Organization and Instructor
- Certified Minnesota Firearms Safety and Advanced Carry Instructor
- Recognized by the Department of Public Safety for the Minnesota Carry Course
- Certified MCPPA (Minnesota Citizens Personal Protection Act) Instructor through Shade’s Landing Inc.
- Certified NRA & Minnesota Range Safety Officer
Heather has worked for us on and off since she was 4 years old (she cleaned our then CRT screens). She was also one of our instructors specializing in female only classes. She was certified by the state of Minnesota (our BCA) and the NRA as a Basic Pistol Instructor.
At the ripe old age of 5 years old, her web site: Heather’s Happy Holidaze Page was voted by Disney as one of the top 100 children’s web sites in the country. She won numerous awards before closing the site when she became a teenager.
She is now off working in the private sector and enjoying life to the fullest.
History of Shade’s Landing Inc.
Shade’s Landing Inc. began in 1984, and in 1988 we changed the company’s name to Shade’s Landing on moving to Minnesota (land of 10,000 lakes, 20 million mosquitoes, and just as many taxes.) The company was incorporated in November of 1995. From 1995 – 2007, our primary focus was on creating, hosting and marketing award winning web sites for some of the biggest names (individuals) in real estate. In 2003, the company recognized a need for firearm and personal protection training that was not being addressed and they became the first Minnesota firearms training company to offer a “Multi-State” carry course in the Midwest (September 2003).
Today we offer a full range of firearm safety and personal protection classes.
We’ve been a Microsoft business partner and have participated in their Beta programs (including Windows 95, NT, and Internet Explorer) and have been picked as a partner in their Site Builder and Web Hoster programs. Gary has also been certified in Unix systems with certification in Sun OS and HP/UX.
We believe that: “The World Is Run By Those Who Show Up” and that’s what drives our business and the business of our clients.
Our company’s goal is to be the best – not the largest. We believe in personalized service that comes with a solid commitment to online security and quality.